2019 I Will Vote Essay Contest
THINK. WRITE. WIN.
In your best personal writing, tell us why you’ll always vote. Tell the story only you can tell, with fresh perspectives and well-supported, intriguing ideas.
First Prize: $250
Second Prize: $150
Third Prize: $100
THE FINE PRINT:
· Personal essays only, no more than 500 words. Need we say it? Do your own work. Plagiarism is bad juju. Ditto for making stuff up. Essays are nonfiction. (Ask your teacher if you don’t believe us.)
· To enter, you’ve got to be a high school student in grades 9-12, in Clatsop (OR) and Pacific (WA) counties. Great odds, right?
· Submit via email to email@example.com. Double-spaced, 12-point font, good grammar and such. Plus a title, please, on a cover page with your name, age, grade, school, email address, and phone number.
· If you win, we get to publish your essay online, but you keep the rights to it. Fair enough?
· We must receive your entry by Monday, October 7, 2019, no later than midnight. Not 12:01. Midnight.
· If you win (you’ll find out by October 29), we get to publish your essay online, but it’s still yours, to show off wherever you want. If we find some itsy-bitsy mistakes with grammar and such, we’ll fix them.
A nonpartisan Vote the Future project of Indivisible North Coast Oregon and the Association of University Women (AAUW), Astoria